Nominations are invited for the Journalist of Change Award 2018, which seeks to recognise excellence in journalism that has inspired—or has the potential to inspire—social change. In particular, we are interested in single-authored reportage that focusses on humanitarian causes or social issues, and has made or can make a positive impact to life or lives in a community.
One of the three Connect India Awards offered by Bournemouth University, the Journalist of Change is open in the print and web categories, for works published in English or any Indian language. We accept submissions published in:
- Newspapers and newspaper websites
- Magazines and magazine websites
- Online-only publications
The winner will be honoured at a ceremonial dinner at the British Council in New Delhi on 16 February, 2018, and will spend up to a fortnight at Bournemouth University, England, participating in our active programmes, and interacting with our scholars and practitioners. We will cover travel, accommodation and subsistence for the winner totalling a maximum of £1,000.
This is the second year this award is being offered. Details about last year’s winner and finalists are available here.
- The nominated work must be in an Indian language or English (Indian language submissions must be accompanied by an English translation) and be authored by a single person.
- It must have appeared in print or online outlets in India in 2017.
- It can be a single story (eg: a feature), or a body of related work (eg: a multi-chapter online series).
Please read the competition rules before you submit your entry.
Shortlisted candidates should be prepared to provide references under short notice. Further progress in the application process will be dependent on this.
All submissions should be received by midnight (IST), 2 February, 2018.
All submissions must be done using the form below. To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry is now closed