Proposals are invited for the Connect India Alumni Fellowship 2018, which seeks to host an Indian alumnus on campus for up to two weeks.
One of three Connect India recognitions offered in 2018, the India Alumni Fellowship will be awarded on the basis a proposal outline for a project that benefits:
- Indian students currently enrolled at BU
- prospective or new students looking to study at BU
- recent Indian graduates from BU
- the BU Indian alumni network
The winner will be announced at the closing ceremony of the Festival of Learning India 2018 at the British Council in New Delhi on 16 February, 2018, and will spend up to a fortnight at Bournemouth University, working with staff and students.
The fellowship is worth a maximum of £1,000, all inclusive. It is meant to facilitate the fellow’s visit to BU in 2018 (up to a fortnight), and should be used for related expenses (travel, accommodation, subsistence, etc).
Your idea should directly benefit one or more of the groups mentioned above. We are looking for a brief proposal that will either:
- identify a specific issue, need, or requirement faced by Indian students or alumni and suggest a solution to address it
- present an idea that can strengthen the Indian alumni network, or has the potential to improve BU’s connection with Indian graduates
The proposal could draw on your personal experience while at BU, or from your experiences after graduating. It should detail what needs to be done, and outline how you would approach it. The successful candidate will spend part of the placement at BU developing the outline into a full proposal, working with academics and students.
For an informal conversation about your submission, please email Dr Chindu Sreedharan at email@example.com.
- You must be a BU alumni from India (you need not be based in India)
- You must have been a full-time student at BU
Please read the competition rules before you submit your entry.
Shortlisted candidates should be prepared to provide references under short notice. Further progress in the application process will be dependent on this.
All nominations must be received by midnight (IST) on 2nd February 2018.
If you would like to apply, please fill in the form below.
Entry is now closed